Sunday 7 October 2012

Back Home Again

On my way out of the bank, I was asked if I had wanted the option of being 'redeployed' elsewhere within the bank, as opposed to taking garden leave and huge pile of tax-free cash.

"From: Steven Miranda [...]
Sent: 12 November 2011 16:50
To: ~ HR Programme Office
Subject: Steven Miranda - Redeployment Opt Out

Hello Emily,
 I spoke to Rob briefly on Friday. I gather that all I need to do ahead of the 21st is confirm my redeployment option.

As the old boys in the shop would crudely, but aptly put it, I'd rather stick my nb in a beehive. But, thank you for the offer. Form attached.

I'm out on "annual leave" from next monday, for 11 days. I'll take care of the compromise agreement on my return in early december. For the next two weeks, I'll be galavanting about the seven seas, so will have infrequent access to this email address.

Many thanks

Steven
Employee ID: 7849665"

Now, I'm back in The Beehive - the Wetherpoons pub at Gatwick airport - which I'm pleasantly surprised to find is now Cask Marque'd, whereas previously only The Flying Horse pub inside of duty free was so honoured.

Unfortunatley, I suspect I'm going to have to resign to the idea of sticking my nob back in the old beehive.

No comments:

Post a Comment